Cancer is a growing global burden that demands a global response. China now accounts for approximate 20% of the world’s new cancer cases and 27% of the world’s cancer deaths, and 5-year survival rates in China are around 1/3rd lower than in the UK. Our Oncology Congress will unite the cancer communities in UK and China to move forward attempts to reduce the global cancer burden.
The British Embassy together with the China National Cancer Centre, an organisation established by the Chinese Ministry of Health to develop the National Cancer Strategy, want to bring together UK and China academic and industrial expertise to tackle the global challenge of cancer. The congress will address the patient journey (clinical care and clinical approaches) and science to patient (new scientific advances in oncology).
The congress will attract an audience of over 600 and will showcase the UK’s excellence in oncology with a large scale trade exhibition and industry-led presentations from innovative and experienced NHS and international suppliers, complemented by a series of academic seminars and expert exchanges featuring high-profile speakers with significant experience of working with Chinese partners.
Participants will have an opportunity to exhibit in front of a large Chinese audience of buyers and distributors, universities, hospitals, and organisations responsible for prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care in oncology. Companies attending will enjoy exhibition and networking space, opportunity to promote their products and services through videos and presentations; as well as entrance to the entire congress including all parallel seminars, offering an opportunity to learn about and influence Chinese government policies and priorities, and explore the latest trends and hot topics in oncology.
For further information regarding the programme please click here.
Highlight of the Congress
- Preview of China’s new “Prevention and Treatment of Cancer” three year strategy 2018 – 2021
- Senior government, academic and healthcare industry representatives setting out their vision for tackling cancer in both the UK and China
- Stimulating seminars on new innovations in cancer treatment, diagnostics and prevention delivered by the countries’ most renown experts in the field of oncology
- State of the art exhibition of innovative products and services from the UKs top healthcare enterprises, covering the Patient Journey of prevention, diagnosis, primary and specialist care, rehabilitation and end of life care; and the Science to Patient pathway for new therapies.
- An audience of over 600 from universities, hospitals, companies and organisations specialising in cancer laboratory diagnostics, pharmaceutics, medical technologies, big data, medical devices, clinical services and care areas.
- Two major cities in China, drawing a national audience
Who Should Attend
- Companies with products or services related to oncology who have existing experience or interest in the China market
- Universities, academics, researchers and scientists with expertise in oncology and related areas looking to collaborate or learn from Chinese partners
- NHS trusts with specialism in oncology and related areas
- Organisations supporting research into oncology
To download an application pack please click here and submit all applications, and any other enquiries to Oncology.Congress @fco.gov.uk